At Avelas Biosciences, our goal is to improve cancer patient care from diagnosis through treatment. We are passionate about our development pipeline and committed to building a successful organization. We are looking for self-motivated and energetic people who want to make a difference in the lives of patients.
Interested applicants meeting the specified criteria should send a copy of their resume to email@example.com naming the position they are applying for in the subject heading.
Avelas Biosciences is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or age.
Position: Biomedical/Imaging Engineer
Avelas Biosciences is a San Diego, CA clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering and developing in vivo imaging agents and therapeutics for improved cancer treatment. The most advanced agent is AVB-620, a protease-activated fluorescent cancer visualization agent which is currently being evaluated in breast cancer patients undergoing surgery. Avelas is searching for a Research Bioengineer to support development of fluorescence imaging systems for research and clinical use. Working with an interdisciplinary team, the successful candidate will support device development.
- Operating camera systems hardware and software
- Testing, training, and installation of clinical systems
- Providing technical input for device SOPs
- Providing input into device design features
- Image analysis
- Imaging systems support for research
- BS/BA degree in Engineering, Physics or related discipline with 3+ years post-degree experience
- Operational experience with imaging systems or medical devices
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Must work well in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Experience with biological systems preferred