At Avelas Biosciences, our goal is to improve cancer patient care from diagnosis through treatment. We are passionate about our development pipeline and committed to building a successful organization. We are looking for self-motivated and energetic people who want to make a difference in the lives of patients.
Interested applicants meeting the specified criteria should send a copy of their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org naming the position they are applying for in the subject heading.
Avelas Biosciences is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or age.
Position: Research Associate, Chemistry
Avelas Biosciences is a San Diego, CA clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering and developing in vivo imaging agents and therapeutics for improved cancer treatment. The most advanced agent is AVB-620, a protease-activated fluorescent cancer visualization agent which is currently being evaluated in breast cancer patients undergoing surgery. Avelas is searching for a Chemistry/Analytical Research Associate to support synthesis, purification, analytical testing, and characterization of leads and development candidates. Working with an interdisciplinary team, the successful candidate will support R&D chemistry.
- Support synthesis of research compounds
- Perform purification of peptides/conjugates using HPLC
- Support characterization and analytical testing of compounds
- Analyze and interpret experimental results
- Document experimental procedures and results
- BS/BA degree in Chemistry or related discipline with 2+ years post-degree experience
- Proficient with HPLC methods and analysis
- Strong analytical skills
- Clear record of laboratory productivity
- Must work well in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Good attention to detail and documentation skills